Sunday, May 20, 2012

Challenge # 43 - "Black and White with a Dash of Yellow"

NOTE:  This is a one-week challenge!  I guess you are wondering why all of a sudden I am having a one-week challenge.  Well, I'll tell you how it is.  When I was scheduling my challenges I did not see this week.  Otherwords, I miss-counted my weeks.  Therefore, I have thrown in a challenge just for this week.
This is a colot challenge....black and white with a dash of yellow.  It can be a card, tag, book or an altered item...anything as long as it has the color scheme.

I hope you are inspired as you take a look at the Design Team's creations.
Vicki
I did something a little different this tine.  I do not have an inage as such on the front of my card.  I took a couple of Cheery Lynn dies and used them for the front,  Since the color scheme is Black and White with a Dash of Yellow, I made the Flourish and the sentiment in the corner yellow.,  If you will look carefully, you will see clear stones on the flourish to give the card a little bling.  These act as flowers.  It really looks nice in person where you can really see the stones.  I needed a couple of sympathy cards and I feel this will do nicely. 
Tricia
I used an older 2007 TJ Newsletter technique called Veined Marble. This is a really easy and beautiful technique. I used Glimmer Mists instead of the color wash spray.
I colored the flowers with my Inktense colored pencils.
Michele
I couldn't resist this whimsical image from the Altered Pages "Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves" collage sheet. This ATC includes some black and white designer paper, some black, white and yellow designer paper with additional distressing in yellow, the dancing gypsy and her dance partner the (mostly) yellow butterfly. She puts me in a happy mood!
Sharon
I made a little card using an image from Lisa's Altered Art plus a black & white background image from a 12 x 12 sheet from Stamp It plus added various embellisments in the colour theme.
What a great colour combination & one I hadn't tried before!
Petra
I chose a little simple design for this week's challenge: Black and White with a Dash of Yellow whereby it turned more into 'some yellow dotty spotty design' using a plain A6 card and stamping on it with a Great Impressions, Penny Black and Lili of the Valley stamp. To create a bit more depth I stamped the image a second time and cut out individual elements - the butterfly, some flowers and the little dot on the watering can and coloured them in various tones of yellow
Valerie
Hi everybody, Valerie here. I have made a card featuring TH's old jalopy die-cut. The windows and trim have been made with music paper, and the car has been mounted onto some yellow and white patterned BG paper with foam squares, with yellow and white flowers for wheels. It should have a *Bon Voyage* sentiment, but the box with the sentiments seems to have gone on holiday....
Have a good week, and take care of yourselves!

Jean of Altered Pages has offered to sponsor this one-week challenge.  She will be giving away a couple of her collage sheets to the random generated winner,.  This is a must-see site.  It is loaded with many beautiful digitals,  Her online store carries many additional items, especially to use on an altered creation.  She has books, tins, and boards.  She even carries rubber stamps and papers as well as tools and kits.   I am sure whatever you need can be found on her site.  Just click on the logo above and you will be quickly transported there. 

Also, Altered Pages is having a retreat in July.  It is a great deal.  For only $240 you get three days of classes, lodging, food , supplies, and goodie bag.  Click on their name or logo and find out all the details.

.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! Your DT has made some amazing samples too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I posted already so sorry if I repeat myself!! congratulations Deb on winning with your beautifl tag. I had fun with this challenge, Vicki. Your projects and those of the team are just lovely. Sorry you needed sympathy cards. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete