Monday, November 25, 2013

Challenge #74- "Let's Decorate!"

Well, just after Thanksgiving Day our attention goes to decorating for Christmas.  Thus my challenge the next two week is "Let's Decorate".  How you approach the theme is up to you.  You can make something you can use to decorate for Christmas or you may "decorate" your card with loads of embellishments    

Let's see what the Design Team made for this challenge.
Vicki
I took a Floppy Latte image and made a cute little ornament to hang on the tree. he nicest thing about this ornament is that I can give to my youngest grandson to put on the tree and it won't brake if he drops it..  The base of the ornament is a coaster from a local restaurant.  It makes the ornament very sturdy while being very light weight.  It is trimmed with a metallic-looking rick-rack.  A small bow completes the piece.
Petra
I decorated 25 matchboxes - and filled them - for a special occasion and to be used for decoration. It was the perfect project to use all those scraps and bits and pieces which I could never throw away (lol).


Krisha
This is an oldie I had in my files from months back.  It really isn't a Christmas image at all, but I turned it into a pretty Christmas card.  I did alter the image by cutting off the leaves and adding holly, but the flower and swirls are original.  I printed multi prints and layered the flower making it more poinsettia style.  The flower is mounted on an embossed, pearlescent paper, then on dark green before adding to the card base, same with the sentiment.  I added red rhinestones to the holly leaves, silver beads to the center of the flower and a holly branch to the bow.  The sheer red ribbon (not the bow) was coated with clear sugar dust and white glitter.


 
Michele
I'm sharing an ornament i made for an ornament swap for this DT piece.  I used lots of embellishments on both the front and the back as you can see, from die cuts to charms to flowers to pearls and more. If you love to embellish your creations you'll easily have something to contribute to this challenge.  I hope you will play along.
 Barbara
Let's decorate, my thoughts were the hanging of the stockings, of course there are only the two of us  but I  have a couple of stocking hangers and I put them on our antique secretary. I am very fond of my house mouse stamps and this one is one of my favourites and I :"decorated" the card with lace and rhinestones and some glitter pens on the candy canes.  l
Hazel

The image is Floppy latte's 'Christmas prayer silhouette', coloured with copics. I decorated my card with 16 different pieces of ribbon stuck diagonally to a piece of card, mounting on to a piece of red mirror card and then on to gold. The image was matted on to red mirror card. Some glittered flowers with prima gold spacers were then added. This is a Christmas card, so this sentiment by Floppy latte is on the insert:



3 comments:

  1. it's the most wonderful time of year... and what gorgeous creations! once again, we are delighted to sponsor.

    wishing you all a truly blessed holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ornament is so cute, Vicki - sorry I'm so late saying so (thought I'd already commented and then discovered that I hadn't) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab work by the DT. Hope mine isn't too scary for you. LOL xxD

    ReplyDelete